New release of PCRE-OCaml

From: Markus Mottl (mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at)
Date: Mon Jan 03 2000 - 17:47:52 MET

    Hello,

    I would like to announce the availability of a new implementation of the
    PCRE (Perl Compatibility Regular Expressions) for OCaml.

    Here the Changes:

      * Uses the new features of OCaml 2.99:

        Labeled parameters and default arguments for much more
        convenience. E.g. write

          split pos:1 "foo bar"

        to get the list ["oo"; "bar"].

        Polymorphic variants for passing options: this change allows,
        for example, using the data constructor "ANCHORED" for both
        compiling flags and at matching time instead of "C_ANCHORED"
        and "R_ANCHORED".

      * Got rid of all the superfluous shortcuts, like "bounded_psplit"
        and the like. Labeled parameters are much more readable and
        convenient.

      * Removed the functions compatible to the "Str"-module. It's
        probably rather confusing for people to see two different kinds
        of implementations.

      * Renamed functions due to the use of labels and the removing
        of the obsolete compatibility functions.

      * Updated documentation with more details on using the library.

    Since this is my first attempt on using the new features of OCaml,
    suggestions for improvements are welcome!

    You can find the new release at:

      http://miss.wu-wien.ac.at/~mottl/ocaml_sources/intro.html

    Best regards,
    Markus Mottl