Re: additions to standard library?

From: Markus Mottl (mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at)
Date: Fri Mar 10 2000 - 21:33:35 MET

    > Yes. Definitely... Maybe there is a point in keeping the standard library
    > uncluttered and supply a parallell library based on the standard one but
    > giving more functionality... This way, the implementor team can concentrate
    > efforts in the compilers and environment and the concerned users can keep a
    > "utility" library up-to-date... I'd be more than willing to contribute code &
    > work to such an effort.

    I also think that it is a sensible strategy of INRIA to keep the interfaces
    of their libraries uncluttered. An "experimental" repository for libraries,
    where people can work out possible additions cooperatively, would be a very
    appealing project. I would also be prepared to volunteer in such an effort.

    Xavier once posted the following mail:

      http://pauillac.inria.fr/caml/caml-list/1087.html

    Is it still possible to get CVS-accounts at INRIA? It would also be
    possible to use "http://sourceforge.net", but I have no experience in
    setting up projects there nor whether there might be any objections to
    doing such a project on a host outside the control of INRIA - maybe John
    Skaller, who uses it for his Python-compiler, can tell us more about it?

    Regards,
    Markus Mottl

    --
    Markus Mottl, mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at, http://miss.wu-wien.ac.at/~mottl