Re: Unsigned integers?

From: Markus Mottl (mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at)
Date: Wed Mar 22 2000 - 20:10:06 MET

    > So I would suggest you to write such a library in Caml. For a good
    > starting point, you may have a look at the module Nativeint in ocaml
    > sources (in utils/nativeint.ml).

    Or even more conveniently: check out the current CVS-repository at INRIA!
    Seems that the problems with integers are soon going to be history...

      -> ocaml/stdlib/int32.mli
         ocaml/stdlib/int64.mli

    Though, I fear that unboxed, complete native integers will never be
    supported. Anyway, if you only need complete 32-bit-ints, you may as well
    purchase a real processor (Alpha)... ;-)

    Best regards,
    Markus Mottl

    --
    Markus Mottl, mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at, http://miss.wu-wien.ac.at/~mottl