Re: When functional languages can be accepted by industry?

From: Claude Marche (Claude.Marche@lri.fr)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 17:17:10 MET DST

    >>>>> "Vitaly" == Vitaly Lugovsky <vsl@ontil.ihep.su> writes:

        Vitaly> On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Francois Pottier wrote:
    >> May I advocate Jean-Christophe Filliâtre's excellent literate
    >> programming tool, ocamlweb?
    >>
    >> http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/ocamlweb/
    >>
    >> It nicely turns your O'Caml source code into a TeX document,
    >> including an identifier index. Comments are expected to contain
    >> TeX source.

        Vitaly> But stupid "industry" don't like TeX. :( They wants HTML
        Vitaly> or somthing like that. Is there any HTML output formatter
        Vitaly> for ocamlweb? Industry knows nothing about literate
        Vitaly> programming, as well as about many other progressive
        Vitaly> technologies.

    So, if industry people use Javadoc, they're doing literate programming
    like Monsieur Jourdain :-)

    More seriously: the LaTeX output of ocamlweb is suitable for input to
    HeVeA, which produces HTML. Check them out !

    http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/ocamlweb/
    http://para.inria.fr/~maranget/hevea/

    - Claude

    PS: and please, nobody start a new thread "When LaTeX can be accepted
    by industry?", or at least somewhere else.

    --
    | Claude Marché           | mailto:Claude.Marche@lri.fr |
    | LRI - Bât. 490          | http://www.lri.fr/~marche/  |