Re: When functional languages can be accepted by industry?

From: Jean-Christophe Filliatre (filliatr@csl.sri.com)
Date: Thu Apr 20 2000 - 19:17:22 MET DST

    In his message of Wed April 19, 2000, Vitaly Lugovsky writes:

    > > May I advocate Jean-Christophe Filliātre's excellent literate
    > > programming tool, ocamlweb?
    >
    > But stupid "industry" don't like TeX. :(
    > They wants HTML or somthing like that. Is there any HTML output
    > formatter for ocamlweb?

    Yes, nice HTML output is obtained with Hevea (ocamlweb is Hevea
    friendly; see the documentation for details). Here is an example:

         http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/ftp/ocamlweb/ocamlweb.html

    > Industry knows nothing about literate programming, as well as about
    > many other progressive technologies.

    That's true in general, and too bad. But I know several programmers in
    industry who use literate programming tools.

    --
    Jean-Christophe Filliatre
      Computer Science Laboratory   Phone (650) 859-5173