Re: pb with ocamldep

From: Michael Hicks (mwh@dsl.cis.upenn.edu)
Date: Wed Jun 07 2000 - 20:48:28 MET DST

    > It would be nice ocamldep coud also accept the -pp option to call a
    > preprocessor.
    >
    > I have some problems with files that are not syntacticaly correct before
    > preprocessing !
    > So I can not use ocamldep on these files and this is annoying.

    I had the same problem with our active networking software, in which we use
    the camlp4 ifdef syntax. Therefore, to do dependency generation, we use
    camlp4 with pr_depend (provided with the distribution), e.g.:

    camlp4 pa_ifdef.cmo pr_depend.cmo -- $(INCLUDES) $(IFDEF_FLAGS) file1 file2

    If you aren't using camlp4 for your preprocessor, then your suggestion above
    would be more appropriate.

    Mike

    --
    Michael Hicks
    Ph.D. Candidate, the University of Pennsylvania