Re: Anyone recompiled CAML-LITE for DOS?

Peter Sestoft (sestoft@research.att.com)
Fri, 7 Oct 1994 16:39:48 -0400 (EDT)

From: sestoft@research.att.com (Peter Sestoft)
Subject: Re: Anyone recompiled CAML-LITE for DOS?
To: tuinstra@sun.mcs.clarkson.edu (Dwight Tuinstra)
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 1994 16:39:48 -0400 (EDT)

> I understand that a bug in gcc introduces a bug into
> the compiled code for CAML-LITE for DOS: stack space
> is not properly reclaimed. Furthermore, the DOS
> version of CAMLLEX does not properly recognize the
> end of strings.

The problems were discovered and fixed in connection with the
development of Moscow SML, which is implemented in Caml Light and uses
its runtime system. Hence it will suffice to obtain the version of
camlrun distributed with Moscow SML. It is safest to use that of the
old version (1.03), which is available for ftp from

dina.kvl.dk:/pub/Peter.Sestoft/mosml/old/1.03/mos1bin.zip

--
Peter Sestoft                                 sestoft@research.att.com
Currently: AT&T Bell Labs, Mountain Avenue, Murray Hill, NJ 07974, USA