Standard ML. A comparison with CAML

From: Dan Arghirescu (dan@sunsite.pub.ro)
Date: Thu May 21 1998 - 14:39:35 MET DST

Date: Thu, 21 May 1998 15:39:35 +0300
From: Dan Arghirescu <dan@sunsite.pub.ro>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: Standard ML. A comparison with CAML

Bonjour a toutes ...
Hi everybody ...

I was assigned to write a short essay upon this. I used CAML (I've found
it particulary interesting), but I had no interaction with SML at all.
I wonder if there are any papers on "SML <-> CAML" - what one has, that
the other doesn't, which one is better, and in what way(s). I was given
(avec haleine, je crois) as documentation Polsen's "Standard ML" and
another book (also about 400 pages) of Functional Programming.
Any pointers on this would be greatly appreciated ...
Thank you very much,
Merci beaucoup,

Dan Arghirescu