Re: Anyone ported OCamlTk to Tcl/Tk 8.0 on Windows?

From: Francois Rouaix (frouaix@liquidmarket.com)
Date: Thu Nov 12 1998 - 01:06:43 MET

From: Francois Rouaix <frouaix@liquidmarket.com>
To: Brian Rogoff <bpr@best.com>
Subject: Re: Anyone ported OCamlTk to Tcl/Tk 8.0 on Windows?
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 16:06:43 -0800

Brian,
You're right, the quick fixes I made for CamlTk to run with Tcl/Tk 8.0
will not work on Windows NT. The proper fix would be to use
Tcl_CreateChannelHandler (Tcl_MakeFileChannel (some_descriptor))
where some_descriptor is the file descriptor under Unix, and a HANDLE under
Windows.
Unfortunately, I didn't have time to look into the Windows version of
our libunix library to see what notion of file descriptor/handle we are
using there, and if it fits our purpose. You might want to check that
with Xavier, who is the main perpetrator of this library.

--f