alloc_final() and alloc()

From: Vincent BARAT (vincent.barat@alcatel.fr)
Date: Tue Dec 22 1998 - 12:03:35 MET

Date: Tue, 22 Dec 1998 12:03:35 +0100
From: Vincent BARAT <vincent.barat@alcatel.fr>
To: caml-list@inria.fr
Subject: alloc_final() and alloc()

Hi !

I'm new to the list and I am working on a project whose aim is
to permit to write CORBA client and servers in Objective ML
on top of a generated stub (ML and C++) that works under VisiBroker
for the moment but should work with any ORB with very few modifications
(because the generated stub is on top of the C++ mapping of CORBA).
This project is very near to its end (3 or 4 days now !). What I could
say for the moment is that it is far more easy to write clients and
servers
in ML than with C++ !!!

So, I've discovered a problem with alloc(): it seems to return
always the same address if it is used several times in the same function
that contains also calls to alloc_final().

Is it a known bug ? If not, am I missing something ?

Thanks for your answer.

P.S. : for the moment, instead of calling alloc(), I call alloc_shr()
which work well concurrently with alloc_final().