Re: interfacing FORTRAN/OCAML??

From: Patrick Goldbronn - SYSCO (patrick.goldbronn@cea.fr)
Date: Tue Aug 31 1999 - 09:27:44 MET DST

Date: Tue, 31 Aug 1999 07:27:44 +0000
From: Patrick Goldbronn - SYSCO <patrick.goldbronn@cea.fr>
To: Pierre Weis <Pierre.Weis@inria.fr>
Subject: Re: interfacing FORTRAN/OCAML??

 karine CHEVALIER-JABET wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if interfacing FORTRAN with OCAML is
possible(OCAML
> calling FORTRAN) ; I read it for C, but didn t see for Fortran. Does
it
> mean I shoud call fortran with C then C with OCAML?
>
> I guess this is a FAQ...
> Thank you
>
> Karine Chevalier-Jabet

 In fact it is quite the same : you must interfacing C and fortran (it
 compiler dependent, for the name of function). You should read the
 compiler user guide (SUN is good for interfacing C and fortran)

 You can go in http://caml.inria.fr/pub/old_caml_site/hump.html#ffi (ocaml fortran
 interface)

 I know INRIA works on an libraries which allow facilities to use big
 array outside the heap (if you have such trouble).

 For instance I have wrote a litle interface between C and fortran
array.
 If you are interested, I can send it to you.

 Bests Regards

 --
 # Patrick GOLDBRONN #