interfacing FORTRAN/OCAML??

From: William Chesters (williamc@dai.ed.ac.uk)
Date: Wed Sep 01 1999 - 16:24:07 MET DST

Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 15:24:07 +0100
From: William Chesters <williamc@dai.ed.ac.uk>
To: karine CHEVALIER-JABET <jabet@baobab1.cad.cea.fr>
Subject: interfacing FORTRAN/OCAML??

karine CHEVALIER-JABET writes:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to know if interfacing FORTRAN with OCAML is possible(OCAML
> calling FORTRAN)

One issue that comes up if you are running on a 32-bit RISC machine is
alignment of doubles (8-byte floats): if you link against code which
has been compiled to assume that they are all 8-byte aligned, and use
it directly on ocaml float arrays, you get bus errors because ocaml
(on 32-bit machines) only aligns to 4-byte boundaries. I have a patch
for ocaml which makes it align doubles on 8-byte boundaries.