Stdlib doubts

From: Ravi Chamarty (ravi@ittc.ukans.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 21 2000 - 22:10:21 MET

    Hi,

     In the stdlib directory of ocaml 2.04 , I find the result of make to be
    something like what is shown below. What is the significance of
    'ocamlrun' here?

    ../boot/ocamlrun ../boot/ocamlc -g -nopervasives -c pervasives.mli
    ../boot/ocamlrun ../boot/ocamlc -g -nopervasives -c pervasives.ml
    ../boot/ocamlrun ../boot/ocamlc -g -c list.mli

    The problem I face is that I have a ocamlrun cross system which cannot run
    on Linux. I am asking this because one can always compile using
    'ocamlc' directly ie. without using ocamlrun.

    Thanks,
    Ravi