Re: labels & ocaml 3 & co.

From: David Mentré (David.Mentre@irisa.fr)
Date: Fri Mar 24 2000 - 13:19:12 MET

    David.Mentre@irisa.fr (David Mentré) writes:

    > Agree. But another proposal : why not use *only optional labels* in the
    > standard library?

    Oops. I think I've confused optionnal *arguments* and optionnal
    *labels*. Sorry.

    So the best way is probably to avoid using labels in stdlib at all.

    BTW, Jacques Garrigue, is it mandatory to have labels to exploit label
    commutativity? For example, an application without labels would be
    considered as a standard ocaml2 application, whereas application with
    labels would be an ocaml3-modern label-commutative application. If this
    could be possible, we could combine best of both worlds (ie no labels or
    commutative-labels for stdlib).

    Best regards,
    d.

    --