Re: When functional languages can be accepted by industry?

From: Vitaly Lugovsky (vsl@ontil.ihep.su)
Date: Wed Apr 19 2000 - 16:53:55 MET DST

    On Tue, 18 Apr 2000, Francois Pottier wrote:

    > May I advocate Jean-Christophe Filliātre's excellent literate
    > programming tool, ocamlweb?
    >
    > http://www.lri.fr/~filliatr/ocamlweb/
    >
    > It nicely turns your O'Caml source code into a TeX document,
    > including an identifier index. Comments are expected to contain
    > TeX source.

     But stupid "industry" don't like TeX. :(
    They wants HTML or somthing like that. Is there any HTML output
    formatter for ocamlweb? Industry knows nothing about literate
    programming, as well as about many other progressive technologies.

    P.S. Maybe, all that we need, is a RAD tool for ocaml? It can
    look like a better module finder ("module name" -> "file name" is not
    a good idea. Paths in Java is much better), and a lot of reusable
    modules for common tasks (database, GUI)...

    --

    V.S.Lugovsky aka Mauhuur (http://ontil.ihep.su/~vsl) (UIN=45482254)