Re: Objective Caml 3.00 released

From: Julian Assange (proff@iq.org)
Date: Thu Apr 27 2000 - 19:01:20 MET DST

    Xavier Leroy <Xavier.Leroy@inria.fr> writes:

    > Brought to you by the Easter bunny: Objective Caml version 3.00.

    I'd like to personally thank the ocaml team. I truly appreciate your
    work. It brings me happiness and is catalytic in my bringing
    happiness to others.

    And to Xavier, don't take Max's whinging to heart. It seems to be
    imbedded in his character. His posts infuriate me too, but it wiser to
    shrug the sholders, move on and keep out of the mud. Perception and
    cultural management of project mailinglists is extremely important in
    developing a project community. This is something that haskell.org
    have really done right. Haskell mailinglists have a general warm,
    friendly tone that is highly conductive to discourse and
    community. The moderation of caml-list tends to detract from this
    sense of community and the complaining tone of Max's posts do
    not help. However the correct anti-dote is to rebalance by injection of
    unflappable warmth in the face of every adversity, because like it or
    not, FP programmers are human beings and associate tone with substance
    and attractive characters with attractive ideas. Btw, the ICFP99 write up
    had perfect tone. Nicely done.

    Cheers,
    Julian.