Re: Suggestion: Print more error messages?

From: John Max Skaller (skaller@maxtal.com.au)
Date: Sun May 14 2000 - 16:45:20 MET DST

    Jean-Christophe Filliatre wrote:

    > I agree that ocaml's native-code compiler may be quite slow sometimes,

            I don't, and for once you may smile at my disagreement.
    I use the ocaml native code compiler (optimised by itself) exlusively,
    and I consider it lightning fast. On my Pentium 550E, I can compile
    20 or some modules and interfaces in a few seconds.

            [It is ocamllex which is slow ... and has annoying
    size limitations. Can these be fixed? Something even as simple
    as a recognizer for UTF encoded ISO-10646 'letters' breaks
    it, due to the large tables that are generated. Does it perform
    character equivalencing (redundant column removal)?]

    --
    John (Max) Skaller, mailto:skaller@maxtal.com.au
    checkout Vyper http://Vyper.sourceforge.net