Re: translation of O'Reilly book

From: Benjamin C. Pierce (bcpierce@saul.cis.upenn.edu)
Date: Thu Jun 01 2000 - 20:43:49 MET DST

    > 1. Would someone (possibly Benjamin Pierce?) be willing to take on
    > the job of negotiating with O'Reilly to make this possible?
    >
    > 2. Would someone be willing to collect volunteers to help in this
    > project?
    >
    > 3. Who else would be willing to join as a volunteer?
    >
    > I myself would not be good at 1. However, I'd be willing to take on
    > role 2, unless someone else would be better suited to it.

    I'd be happy to take on (1) if that seems useful.

    The main thing that I believe the project requires is some single
    person to act as editor -- i.e., to keep the central copy of the
    sources, collect volunteers, give them chapters to be translated, and
    integrate their work when it's finished. If you're up for this...

          Benjamin