Re: release of Caml Light version 0.6

Xavier Leroy (xavier@Theory.Stanford.EDU)
Tue, 12 Oct 1993 13:38:25 -0700 (PDT)

From: Xavier Leroy <xavier@Theory.Stanford.EDU>
Subject: Re: release of Caml Light version 0.6
To: cr@dcs.ed.ac.uk (Christophe Raffalli)
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1993 13:38:25 -0700 (PDT)

> I tried Caml-Light 0.6 on macintosh. It works fine for me except few details:
>
> - You forgot to update the About Dialog which says it's 0.5 !!!
> - You forgot the line "Set Echo 0" a the beginning of file camlc

Thanks for the bug report. Those two will be corrected soon.

> - libstr and libnum seems not availaible on the mac distribution. Are
> they available only on the UNIX version ?

The main problem is that the Macintosh version of Caml Light does not
have the -custom compiler option, nor the camlmktop command. Libraries
containing C code, such as libstr and libnum, are therefore useless.

This said, it wouldn't be too hard to have -custom and camlmktop
working on the Macintosh; it's just that we've assumed that few
Macintosh users have MPW. Let us (caml-light@margaux.inria.fr) know if
you are interested.

Otherwise, the libraries libstr and libnum from the Unix version
should be easy to port to the Macintosh. I did the port for a close
cousin of libnum and encountered few problems.

- Xavier Leroy