[ANN] camlyacc and camllex for Macintosh without MPW-Shell

Simon Clematide (sclematide@mail.access.ch)
Fri, 26 Apr 1996 16:02:21 +0200

Date: Fri, 26 Apr 1996 16:02:21 +0200
To: caml-list@pauillac.inria.fr
From: sclematide@mail.access.ch (Simon Clematide)
Subject: [ANN] camlyacc and camllex for Macintosh without MPW-Shell

Macintosh Caml Light 0.71 Caml Yacc and camllexlib goodies (24/04/96)

Here are three goodies to make camlyacc and camllex available for people
*without* mpw-shell or toolserver. Remember: camllex produces a lexical
analyzer from a set of regular expressions. camlyacc produces a parser from
a context free grammar specification. It's the best way to tackle
precedences and associativity.

Caml Yacc is a (crude) standalone macintosh application producing (exactly)
the same as the camlyacc mpw-tool.

camllexlib is a caml-light library/module doing the same as the camllex
mpw-tool.

tl_camllex (toplevel camllex) contains source code which can be run (and
included) by the toplevel Macintosh application Caml Light and gives the
functionality of the camllex mpw-tool to the toplevel.

See "Read me" files in the folders for usage and more information.

Simon Clematide

PS:
(Only for those who have the mpw-shell...)
1. I have ported the libstr (regular expression library) to the macintosh
(only 68k).
2. I made a nifty caml light tool called "truthtable" which produces
truthtables out of propositional formulas. The "frontend" (names of
connectives) and the "backend" (pure ascii, LaTeX table, HTML, tabbed text)
is fully configurable. It's also an example for the use of camllex and
camlyacc.
If you feel interested, send me an e-mail.

---
Simon Clematide
Stuessistr. 96
CH-8057 Zuerich