Re: module aggregation

Wolfgang Lux (lux@heidelbg.ibm.com)
Fri, 14 Jun 96 11:25:44 +0100

To: Franck Delaplace <delapla@lami.univ-evry.fr>
Subject: Re: module aggregation
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 96 11:25:44 +0100
From: Wolfgang Lux <lux@heidelbg.ibm.com>

Franck Delaplace <delapla@lami.univ-evry.fr> writes:

> I want to aggregate two modules in one in order
> to improve some standard modules or some module
> define by functors . How can I do this in Ocaml ?

This answer is very simple: You cannot.

The only way to achieve your goal would be to define a new module,
copy all values of the module M1 you want to preserve and then add or
change those values which you do not want to include from M1 or add to
M1.

> I have also the same problem for module defined by Functor
> I want to add some specific functions once the module is defined.

There's no way to do that. You have to recompile the functor. (After
all we are not in Smalltalk here.)

Regards
Wolfgang

----
Wolfgang Lux
WZH Heidelberg, IBM Germany Internet: lux@heidelbg.ibm.com
+49-6221-59-4546 VNET: LUX at HEIDELBG
+49-6221-59-3500 (fax) EARN: LUX at DHDIBMIP