Language improvements (?)

Georg Bauer (Georg_Bauer@ms3.maus.westfalen.de)
Wed, 24 Jul 96 19:04:00 +0200

From: Georg_Bauer@ms3.maus.westfalen.de (Georg Bauer)
To: caml-list@pauillac.inria.fr
Subject: Language improvements (?)
Date: Wed, 24 Jul 96 19:04:00 +0200

Hi!

FC>I mean an indentation convention
FC>for lexical scoping. For example, instead of

Hmm. Actually the Haskell indention conventions are the one thing that
always drives me crazy when I look at Haskell sources. No, I would prefer
to stay with the more standard way of writing source, as O'Caml does.
Actually my indention scheme is sometimes different from that implied by
Haskell. Ok, as I see it there is a possibility in Haskell to have explicit
scoping by using { } and such things (at least it's available in Gofer and
Hugs).

But I wouldn't say that there aren't any features in Haskell I would like
to have in O'Caml, too. Typeclasses for example would be nice - but it
wouldn't be trivial to redesign the whole type-system, so I have to stay
with the available tools.

bye, Georg