Re: to have labels or not

From: Markus Mottl (mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at)
Date: Sat Mar 25 2000 - 04:12:57 MET

    > Remark for instance that Markus Mottl himself explained that he was
    > using only classic mode.

    Currently ;-)

    I'll see whether commuting arguments is sufficient enough an incentive to
    switch modes: but what concerns the problem with HOFs, there should really
    be a solution - at least what concerns the standard library.

    > I really think that being able to switch in
    > the middle of a file would be dangerous. I'm already sometimes
    > confused by such uses of "open".

    I agree: "open" is potentially dangerous. It is not only confusing at
    times, it can even break modules (e.g. if you add functions to one module
    which shadow definitions in another module).

    Best regards,
    Markus

    --
    Markus Mottl, mottl@miss.wu-wien.ac.at, http://miss.wu-wien.ac.at/~mottl