RE: Caml toplevel thru Web (HTTP or CGI)?

From: Adam P. Jenkins (ajenkins@javanet.com)
Date: Thu Sep 10 1998 - 18:31:40 MET DST

From: "Adam P. Jenkins" <ajenkins@javanet.com>
To: <caml-list@inria.fr>
Subject: RE: Caml toplevel thru Web (HTTP or CGI)?
Date: Thu, 10 Sep 1998 12:31:40 -0400

My two cents. Modifying the ocaml toplevel itself seems like too much
unnecessary work to me to get an effect like this. If your server will be a
Unix machine, then the telnet approach that you mentioned seems much better
and more straightforward. If you really want to make the O'Caml toplevel
appear on the web page as opposed to in a separate telnet window, you could
write a simple Java telnet client applet. I would be kind of surprised if
there isn't already one around. Even if you do have to write it yourself,
it will be more generally useful than a web-enabled OCaml toplevel.

--
Adam P. Jenkins
ajenkins@chainwave.com