Re: [Q] How to configure cl386 for Paradise VGA?

Xavier Leroy (xleroy@pauillac.inria.fr)
Mon, 30 May 1994 10:58:47 +0200 (MET DST)

From: Xavier Leroy <xleroy@pauillac.inria.fr>
Subject: Re: [Q] How to configure cl386 for Paradise VGA?
To: HEMR@HULAW1.HARVARD.EDU (Kurt Wm. Hemr)
Date: Mon, 30 May 1994 10:58:47 +0200 (MET DST)

> I have installed version 0.6 of Caml-Light on my 386, but am
> having some difficulty properly configuring the video driver.
> I have a Paradise VGA (not SuperVGA) card. After trying a
> number of different drivers, I seem to be getting the same
> problem more or less every time: I see only about 1/3-1/4 of
> the screen at once (although that portion takes up the entire
> screen).

See if the latest DJGPP distribution (available on oak.oakland.edu and
mirror sites) has a graphics driver for your card. Some drivers,
especially the newest ones, are not included in the Caml Light
distribution.

Otherwise, it may be that your card is a plain vanilla VGA, in which
case all you can get is 320x200 in 256 colors (which is the default in
Caml Light if you don't install any driver).

- Xavier Leroy