Re: hypertext ML code

Pierre Weis (weis@pauillac.inria.fr)
Thu, 28 Dec 1995 18:57:41 +0100 (MET)

From: Pierre Weis <weis@pauillac.inria.fr>
Subject: Re: hypertext ML code
To: hayden@cs.cornell.edu (Mark Hayden)
Date: Thu, 28 Dec 1995 18:57:41 +0100 (MET)

> I'm aware of this package [mletags]. However, it is not exactly what
> I want. It provides information to help emacs/vi let you
> browse your source code. What I want is a marked-up
> version of my source code, so that I can browse it in, for
> instance, a WWW browser. I do not believe this is possible
> with mletags alone.
>
> My end goal is to combine hypertext source code with
> hypertext text documentation (latex source compiled with
> latex2html) into a single, browsable hypertext document.

With the standard distribution, the contribution by Franc,ois Rouaix
in the directory

contrib/camltk/browser/

provides a unix camlbrowser command that may be helpful

``camlbrowser: A Caml Light environment browser.
camlbrowser is an hypertext tool to browse library and program modules.''

I guess you need to change the sources of camlbrowser to meet your
goal, or even need to inspire from another Web tool from Franc,ois
Rouaix the mmm browser (http://pauillac.inria.fr:80/~rouaix/mmm/).

Nevertheless I daily use camlbrowser, which is very useful to manage
your sources or to find documentation about the Caml Light library functions...

Pierre Weis
WWW Home Page: http://pauillac.inria.fr/~weis
Projet Cristal
INRIA, BP 105, F-78153 Le Chesnay Cedex (France)
E-mail: Pierre.Weis@inria.fr
Telephone: +33 1 39 63 55 98
Fax: +33 1 39 63 53 30